Exposed Aggregate paving is a very important part of any landscaping project, and usually is a big part of it as well. So before choosing a concrete contractor make sure you do your homework.
Prices can vary considerably for a variety of reasons, so ask the follows questions to make sure you are comparing apples for apples when deciding which is the best deal:
- Ask to see the contractors most recent jobs and confirm with the owner that they in fact did the job.
- How thick is the concrete laid?
- Does their price include reinforcing mesh?
- Do they use corner bars?
- Do they install construction & expansion joints?
- Do they install expansion foam between the concrete and walls?
- Is the foam colour coded to the concrete?
- Does their price include acid washing & sealing?
- Do they compact the soil before hand?
And remember the cheapest quote is definitely not the best quote.